mandag den 21. oktober 2013

FRIDA KAHLO!!!

Okay, when I found out that there was going to be a Frida Kahlo exhibition in Denmark, I almost died! She is my favorite artist of all time!!! So I had to check it out... Amazing doesn't even cover how incredible it was... I took a few pictures of some of my favorite things!

She preferred to wear these traditional mexican robes. It's very much her signature look. I was surprised to see how tiny she was! I knew she was short, but...


A little close up. It was quite difficult to get a nice quality shot, because the glass was messing it up. Sorry! If you can't see it it's dark green velvet.


One of her many masterpieces!



There were several huge floor-to-sealing portraits of her. She's holding a pre Colombian figurine. She and her husband, Diego Riviera, collected stuff like that. I'm not sure if it's one of her own, but it could be. :)


One of my favorite portraits of her! I love her pose, slight smile and the red scarf. It reminds me a bit of Mona Lisa, but prettier. I think she has the same mystique.


This is one of her many, many corsets. 


One of her hospital gowns from one of the many times she spend time in a hospital. You can't see it in this photograph but when you stand in front of it, you can actually see which hospital it's from, in the neck. And the stains are oil paint! So cool and inspiring... 


This is a post mortem picture of her, in her casket. Diego Riviera is the tall man in the middle, with the tan trench coat, dark tie and white button down. She died at 47.


A painting by Diego Riviera. It looks amazing IRL... Trust me. I sometimes hate my phone for what it does to art. :(


A self portrait by Frida Kahlo (pencil). I find it so incredibly beautiful, with the expression, the wavy, raven hair and the slight twist of the hip... :)


Another one of the great ones!


One of her more simple dresses.


My favorite one of the huge portraits. She looks so pretty!


A photo of her when she was pretty young. I really like this one too.


And one of her when she was a bit older...


Well that was it! I hope you enjoyed this just a tiny bit as much as I did!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar